From 9th September 2020, the Retail Credit Union sort code 60-83-20 will no longer be in use, we will instead be switching to our partner company Voyager Alliance’s sort code 60-83-36.
RetailCU merged with Voyager Alliance in Autumn 2018, and now following a review of our banking practices the decision has been made to use the same sort code for both going forwards.
What does this mean for you?
For Direct Debits already set up going in to your RetailCU account, the good news is that you do not need to take any action to continue receiving the benefits of Direct Debit. Please be assured this change will not affect the service you receive in any way. The only change you will notice is that with effect from 9th September 2020 Voyager Alliance will collect your Direct Debits instead of RetailCU and therefore Voyager Alliance Credit Union will appear on your bank/building society statement.
There is no need for you to complete a new Direct Debit instruction, as details of the change will have been supplied to your bank, who may also notify you, independently. Additionally, you may also see a comment on your bank statement advising you of the final payment under the old name details and the first payment under the new name/details.
You will continue to enjoy the benefits of the Direct Debit Guarantee, as detailed below:
- The Guarantee is offered by all banks and building societies that accept instructions to pay Direct Debits
- If there are any changes to the amount, date or frequency of your Direct Debit Voyager Alliance Credit Union will notify you (normally 10 working days) in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed. If you request Voyager Alliance Credit Union to collect a payment, confirmation of the amount and date will be given to you at the time of the request
- If an error is made in the payment of your Direct Debit, by Voyager Alliance Credit Union or your bank or building society, you are entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from your bank or building society
- If you receive a refund you are not entitled to, you must pay it back when Voyager Alliance Credit Union asks you to
- You can cancel a Direct Debit at any time by simply contacting your bank or building society. Written confirmation may be required. Please also notify Voyager Alliance Credit Union.
For any items that you pay by direct debit from your Retail Credit Union account (such as a utility bill), you will need to inform the company claiming the payment that your sort code has changed, otherwise the payment will not be successful.
Other Payment Methods
- Standing Order
- Faster Payments
- Transfer money online from your bank account into your RetailCU account
If you wish to make payments into your RetailCU account via any of the above payment methods, you will need to change the existing RetailCU sort code to 60-83-36 by 9th September 2020. We recommend you contact your bank or building society to update the payment details you use to send payments to us at your earliest convenience.
If you receive a regular payment into your Retail Credit Union account (such as a government benefit) you must inform the payer that your sort code has changed, otherwise the payment will be rejected.
We appreciate your understanding and thank you for being a valued member of RetailCU. If you have any questions please email our member services team or give us a call on 0151 489 0402 where we will be happy to help.